I am getting married in August of this year, and there is so much that I have to do. Insurance is the last thing I thought about until I began working for an insurance company. Then I realized that there is a lot that I need to do to figure out what would be the best option for my fiancé and me! As a newly married couple it’s important for us to have great coverage for ourselves, and as we grow in our future. Here are some tips, tricks and some questions that you may have when thinking about who your insurance agent or company should be.
- First things first, you need to figure out where you are going to live. Once you find out where you are going to living then you’ll be able to actually be quoted out for your home with different companies.
- Figure out if you want to check out the insurance companies you already have, or if you want to look into moving to a new insurance company. Just adding yourself onto your spouse’s insurance company may not be the best option for the two of you! Instead you may find yourselves fitting with a different company better. Make sure that you research these different options so that you both have the best coverage that you need.
- Check into what you both value the most with an insurance company. Do you value customer service? Do you value just the premiums? Are you attracted to the bigger or small companies? All of these questions are great ones to ask, and research.
- Ask your friends and family what companies they recommend! Even if you don’t go with what they suggest, they’re still a great tool for researching different companies.
- Plan for your future! Plan to start with a company and end your life with a company. As you move from home to home, add or delete cars and grow as a family, you want to be insured by a company that will be there for you through it all.
- Understand what different companies will offer you. Some insurance companies will offer you great discounts and some companies will offer you certain coverages that others don’t. Make sure you know which company offers you what when you’re doing your research.
Make sure that you talk about these different topics with your husband or wife to be, because being covered is important! Talk to your insurance agents that you have now, or if you have any questions about insurance or would like Eagle Point Insurance Group, Inc. to quote your family please give us a call! We would be happy to assist you in the next big step in your life.