I sat down to talk with insurance agent and newly titled New Business Specialist, Tim Newton, to pick his brain on his career as an insurance agent. Tim has been an insurance agent for almost 10 years now. He was a part of Jeff Zignego’s grand opening of the agency, Eagle Point Insurance in 2012, and Tim has been a great addition to Eagle Point Insurance. Many of you know Tim as an independent insurance agent with his own clients, but now with our new structure here at the office his role has changed a little bit.
He is now the New Business Specialist. For current clients, Tim is now not someone that you’ll be talking to very often, but for new clients he will be your go to guy! He has taken on this role very well, and is already proving to be beneficial for our team and to our new clients. We believe here at Eagle Point Insurance that it is important to get to know one another and create a positive team atmosphere, so I wanted to sit down with Tim to get to know him a little more, and also to let our clients and future clients get a glimpse of who Tim is.
1. Why did you choose to become an insurance agent? “I met Jeff through coaching our kids in t-ball, and I also knew him because we worked out at the same gym. One day Jeff asked me if I would ever like to sell insurance. I thought it would be a great way to build a career, create a healthy work and life balance, and also feel rewarded for the hard work that I put into my career. I also really like working with our clients.”
2. What is your favorite part about working for Eagle Point Insurance Group? “The great customer base that we have. We have customers that are great clients to work with! I have enjoyed getting to know them and creating great relationships with them inside and outside of work.”
3. What do you love most about working with your clients? “I love seeing how insurance helps our clients when a bad occurrence happens.” We discussed how this is exactly why all of us love our jobs, and being able to help our clients out when the bad happens. Tim also stated that he like’s being able to give clients a peace of mind whenever they call our office upset about something.
4. What is your biggest accomplishment in your work life so far? “I won the PDP (Producer Development Program) award with West Bend Insurance. I competed against 30 other agents in the United States competing against our own set sales goals.”
5. What are hobbies you enjoy doing in your free time? “I enjoy being with my wife and my three kids, snowmobiling in the winter, and enjoying time with friends and family.”
6. What advice would you give to a client searching for an independent insurance agent? “I would give any client searching for an insurance agency the advice of looking for an insurance agency that will ask you the proper questions to make sure you’re covered.” For example, at our agency we have a profile to fill out that helps us get down to the bottom of what’s the most important part of your auto and home insurance needs.
We hope that this helps give you an insight to our New Business Specialist, Tim Newton. If you would like to read about Tim some more check out Tim’s profile here!
Written by Account Manager and Marketing Specialist, Alexandra Privette.